Welcome to my my blog! 

Here you can read news about EcoBrats in Ireland and about my personal (and continuing) journey in setting up this business. Originally I had also intended to post information and advice relating to ethical living and a number of green parenting issues but I have subsequently decided to set up a website dedicated to this purposes - more information coming soon!

Green parenting is not something to be practiced by an elite few with money to burn but an economic, practical solution to increasing prices, dwindling natural reserves and a polluted environment.

I believe firmly that we should give our children the best start in life possible and here at EcoBrats we strive to provide some of the tools required to do this.

I am available to give real nappy demonstrations and talk on a range of topics, in the Limerick area. If you would like to book a demonstration/talk, please don't hesitate to email or alternatively call on 061 748498.

01 March 2009

Orgasmic Birth

Now here's a curious thing I came across today.

I have read numerous books about natural childbirth and come across the fact that many women can experience childbirth seemingly painlessly. But what I came across today takes it one step further; women who actually experience pleasure, akin to an orgasm, whilst giving birth.

My first thought was, "only in America", but having watched the trailer (and yes, there is a film!), I can completely see myself buying into something like this! I'm even considering selling them on the website if the documentary is all its cracked up to be.

I was all up for trying the au naturale way with DS but unfortunately, due to some complications, I had to be under consultant led care in a hospital, plus DS was already 16 days overdue (so water birth was out), and one thing led to another, yada, yada, yada... c-section and huge dissapointment!

If I ever manage to get pregnant again, which is a long shot via egg donation route, then I am determined to have a natural birth. Fingers-crossed, with baba 2 there will be no complications (no pesky ovaries left to interfer with matters!), which means that I can have the kind of birthing experience I have always wanted.

All I need to do now is get pregnant and find a midwife willing to help with a VBAC home waterbirth - simples!

2 comments:

artyfeminist said...

I also have heard about this - but like you had a section - there was nothing 'orgasmic' about it!

mandyroy said...

Actually, I am facing some difficulties to understand the meaning of the blog. If you have any short video film related to your blog, then I would request you to share here. It would be great help.

All natural mattress